I repair clocks
I clean and repair all types of clocks, but specialize in mechanical timepieces. I know that most of the clocks we service have sentimental value to our customers, and so I handle them with care. To ensure expert care from the moment your clocks leaves your home until it is returned, I offer the option of free pick-up and delivery. For service of grandfather clocks, I will come to your home, take the movement out of its case and bring it to the shop for service, then return it and reinstall it in the case. All of my labor is guaranteed for two years from the date of service. Read the description below to see what is involved when your clock comes in for service.
Full service means
- Free pick-up and delivery, if you are in my service area
- Complete dis-assembly of the movement
- Cleaning of all the parts in a proprietary clock cleaning solution with an ultrasonic cleaning machine
- Replacement or repair of any broken or missing parts
- Correcting of wear in the movement plates with brass or bronze bushings
- Correcting any pivot damage or wear
- Assembling, lubrication, and testing of the movement
What's included in the warranty
The two-year warranty is for labor only. This warranty guarantees that if your clock presents any problems during that two-year period, I will perform whatever service is necessary to have it running properly. This may involve something as simple as instruction given by phone, a house call in which I perform the necessary adjustments in the home, or the clock may be returned to the shop for further service. Parts costs may be incurred, if replacement parts are needed. However, if the parts manufacturer offers a warranty on those parts, then that warranty will be applied.